Let's talk about mental health medication
A discussion guide for you and your health professional
I understand medication is one tool that may help people recover from mental health issues. I would like to learn more about medication by talking to you about:
- Treatment options: What medication alternatives are there that can help me? What else may help my recovery?
- Side effects: What side effects may I experience if I take this medication?
- Costs: What are all the costs I could face if I take this medication?
- My involvement: How will you include me in treatment decisions?
- Recovery goals: Does this medication suit my lifestyle and recovery goals?
- Medication review: How and when will we talk about how I am going on this medication?
- Information sharing: What can I tell you to help make sure this medication is safe and helpful for me?
Find out more about how to make sure your mental health medication is safe and effective - watch our video stories about taking medication.
Did you find this useful? Please give us your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download a PDF version of this checklist (19KB).