Mental health recovery and social housing
This is a submission the Commission prepared in response to a request to the community from Family and Community Services NSW (FACS) to provide innovative ideas to reform the social housing system.
Currently the NSW social housing system faces many challenges – funding is decreasing, operating costs are rising and homes are ageing. This makes it difficult to maintain existing properties as well as to build more homes to meet the increasing demand for housing assistance.
Please note that publication of this submission on the Commission website does not signify endorsement or disagreement with the recommendations and findings of the submission on behalf of FACS.
Download in Word 97 format (685 KB) or in PDF format (530 KB) below.
- Annual Reports
- Accessible data
- Reports and resources
- Foundations for change: Homelessness in NSW
- NSW Youth Health Policy Consultation
- Review of the Guardianship Act 1987 (NSW)
- University of Sydney Medical School
- Indefinite detention of people with cognitive and psychiatric impairment in Australia
- Art and mental health
- Mental health recovery and social housing