The official Commission Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/mhcnsw
If you follow us, you can expect between 0-4 posts a week covering some of the following:
- stories of inspiring people we've met through our work
- news of interest to the community
- stories of programs and services that work well for people living with mental health, their families and carers
- online polls around topics of interest
The Commission Facebook page is here for you to find out more about us, and for you to share your stories. We’re here to promote mental health and wellbeing without stigma, prejudice, or discrimination. Everyone has the right to a point of view, but personal and aggressive attacks on this page will be deleted, and you may be blocked from interacting with us further.
Hours of operation
We’ll be checking our Facebook page regularly between 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday Australian Eastern Standard Time.
If you follow us on Facebook we may follow you back if we know you, but not always. We follow other Facebook accounts for various reasons. Being followed by MHCNSW is not meant to imply endorsement of any kind by the Commission.
We use non-discriminatory, non-defamatory language and respect people’s privacy. We ask that others do the same. In the interests of the Facebook community we may block or report unreasonable behaviour.
We believe that everyone has the right to a point of view and invite our visitors to our social media pages to share personal experiences and join in positive, productive discussion.
However, this must be done within the parameters of appropriate conduct. If appropriate conduct is not observed, we reserve the right to delete posts and comments and permanently block visitors who do not comply with our guidelines.
Examples of inappropriate conduct includes if you:
- make personal and aggressive attacks on individuals or organisations
- are obscene, abusive or insulting
- are racist, sexist or discriminatory in any way
- promote or discuss methods of self-harm or suicide
- violate any intellectual property rights
- post content that is distressing or could be triggering in any way
- post spam or advertising
- make disparaging or defamatory remarks
- offer potentially harmful or inappropriate advice
- personally identify information of any individual
- disclose information owned or held by a government department that has not been officially released to the public
- create nonsensical content or content unrelated to the Commission’s function.
We check our social media pages regularly between 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday Australian EST and will take immediate action to address breaches to the above guidelines for participation.
In the instance where we are required to delete posts that breach guidelines up to three times we reserve the right to then permanently block you from our platforms.
Any comment or message to the Commission may be kept by us as part of our normal record-keeping procedures.
Facebook terms of service apply.