Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach
The Grand Parade
Brighton Le Sands NSW 2216
The Symposium, held from Tuesday 14th until Friday 17th November 2017 at the Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, intends to attract over 200 people from the NSW Aboriginal Community Controlled Health and Health (ACCHO) related sector.
Distinct from previous forums, the ‘Kinship Amongst Workers’ Symposium provides an opportunity for the Alcohol and Drugs, Bringing Them Home and Social and Emotional Wellbeing Workforce in the Aboriginal Community Controlled sector to come together to share knowledge.
The Symposium will provide information on issues specific to the ACCHO sector and will be presented by experts in the field seeking to promote discussion amongst the participants.
- Associate Professor Ted Wilkes from the Australian National Advisory Council on Alcohol and Drugs (ANACAD) presenting on the National Drug Strategy 2017-2026
- Tom Brideson, State-Wide Coordinator for the NSW Aboriginal Mental Health Workforce Program - NSW Ministry of Health, presenting on the Fifth National Mental Health & Suicide Plan
- Department of the Prime Minister & Cabinet Representatives
- Joe Williams "The Enemy Within"
- Booroongen Djugun Ltd and
- RivMed Aboriginal Corporation.
- Prof. Peter Read "Bringing them Home 20 years on report"
- Rhys Wesser - Mental Health