Mantra on View Hotel
22 View Ave
Surfers Paradise QLD 4217
Covering topics surrounding prevention, treatment and recovery, the 2017 Australian and New Zealand Addiction Conference will include presentations from leading sector specialists, researchers, psychologists and medical practitioners in addition to multiple concurrent streams, poster presentations and workshops.
Various types of addictions will be discussed – drugs, alcohol, pornography, gambling, sex, gaming, online, hoarding, compulsive shopping, steroids – as well as the various forms of treatment and paths to recovery. Of specific focus will be emerging trends; early intervention; best practice programs; case studies; legislation and legal impact; care and support; psychological well-being and dependency; as well as innovative solutions, in particular within rural and regional communities.
- Navigating the service system
- Training and Support of AOD workers
- Issues within rural and remote communities
- Cultural safety and sensitivity when working with specific population groups
- Emerging trends
- Trauma informed services
- The lived experience and their supporters