Mental Health Carers NSW
Suite 501, Level 5, 80 William St, Woolloomooloo, Sydney, NSW 2011
This facilitated training session aims to help people discover where to go for help and information; to develop coping and support strategies for mental health consumers and their supporters, carers and neighbours. It also provides a networking opportunity for community members wanting to understand, support and help to de-stigmatise people with mental illness and communities labelled such as well. Cadre Connect is about building strong connections to create more holistic community approaches to mental health and wellbeing. This training is a unique learning experience offering an opportunity for you to better understand mental ill health, and your possible contribution in your own community in creating positive change.
- Broaden you understanding of mental health needs of those around us
- Develop insights and practical skills across a diversity of people in communities
- Be able to identify needs, issues and possible responses
- Be clearer about the role of recovery for those around them and their community
- Develop coping and support strategies for mental health consumers and their families and supporters