Trinity Sports Centre, Lismore
Tickets available on TryBooking.com or:
- Lismore: Timezone, Lismore Vet Clinic
- Ballina: Budget Eyewear, Yellow Brick RoadCasino: Arum, The Clydesdale Motel and Steakhouse
- Lennox: Elders Real Estate
- Byron Bay: Byron Bay Real Estate, Byron Bay Golf Club
The Let's Talk event is being held to encourage young people to talk about how they feel and to develop skills to deal with hardship.
Resilience is so much more than just a buzz-word. It's about overcoming challenges in all areas of your life, not being overwhelmed by the lows and making the right choices when times are tough. On Monday 4 September, prominent Australians from the fields of media, business and sport are gathering in Lismore, NSW, to lead the conversation and help raise awareness of how important resilience is and talking about surviving life's highs and lows.
The conversation will feature:
- Peter Fitzsimons (Journalist/Author/Ex-Wallaby)
- Tim Costello (Chief Advocate,World Vision Australia)
- Nathan Hauritz (Ex-Australian Test Cricketer)
- and Nathan Parker (ADF/ 2017 Invictus Games Competitor).
The event is supported by four community groups including The Winsome Soup Kitchen, Our Kids, Lord's Taverners Northern NSW and the Northern Rivers Suicide Prevention and Awareness Group.