Adelaide Convention Centre
Adelaide, South Australia
Suicide Prevention Australia (SPA) presents the annual National Suicide Prevention Conference to benefit those who are working in, and supported by, suicide prevention programs. Attracting over 500 delegates, the conference is recognised by governments, sector leaders and people with lived experience as an important vehicle for ensuring that those with responsibility for delivering services, are able to provide the best available support to those who are vulnerable, at-risk and/or disenfranchised in a timely and effective manner.
The focus of this year's conference will centre around quality - in research, practice and speaking about lived experience. The program will be designed to bring to the fore quality as a foundation to enhance implementation of suicide prevention at the community level.
Aims of the Conference
- Increase sector commitment to participate in a collaborative approach to suicide prevention
- Enhance community participation in suicide prevention activities
- Facilitate the continuation and development of quality suicide prevention initiatives
Key Elements of the Conference
- Plenary sessions showcasing the best work from around the globe and in Australia.
- Recognising the importance of the voice of lived experience, the Program will have strong representation from people with a lived experience of suicide.
- Abstract presentations highlighting the intersection of research, policy, practice and lived experience.
- LiFE Awards ceremony
- In-depth workshops alongside the conference
- Members’ forum
- Engagement with and for PHNs
Who will Attend?
The demographic of the delegates will be broad and extend to all facets of the suicide prevention and mental health sectors.