This training is provided by the Mental Health Coordinating Council (MHCC).
Are you a service provider, a person living with a mental health condition, or their family or carer with questions about the NDIS? Are you unsure about how it will affect people accessing mental health services?
With the NDIS being rolled-out state-wide, now is a great time to learn more about how it may affect you. This course will help you maximise the potential of the Scheme to support people to live the life they want. You will walk away with the essential knowledge and skills needed to access, plan, and innovate within the Scheme. The course is structured around real life examples that will help you understand the potential for positive change in people's lives. With the Scheme still evolving, there remains some uncertainty about how people's experiences of living with mental health conditions fit into the framework of disability. With this in mind, significant time is devoted to discussion and exploring your questions.
Learn how to:
- Navigate the NDIS, including eligibility, access, planning, coordination and review for people living with mental health conditions
- Engage consumers, carers and providers in the new opportunities available to them
- Gather evidence of disability or impairment to assist people with their access requests
- Stay focused on a person's goals regardless of their NDIS funding situation
- Use your improved knowledge and skills to drive innovation and get the best results possible
This interactive one-day session was developed by Tina Smith, MHCC's Principal Advisor, Sector and Workforce Development and NDIS and mental health expert. Her research into the experience of consumers, families and carers and mental health service providers within and beyond the NDIS trial in the Hunter region has given MHCC a unique insight into the workings of this new system.
Learn more on the MHCC website.