501/80 William St
80 William Street
Woolloomooloo, NSW 2011
Being are holding a consultation about the Official Visitors Program in NSW. This is an opportunity for you to have your say about your experiences with involuntary admission and treatment and how the Official Visitors can help people access their services.
Official Visitors are independent from the health system. They advocate for the rights and dignity of people receiving treatment under the NSW Mental Health Act 2007.
Discussion will include:
- Whether people have heard about the Official Visitors Program
- Experiences with the Program
- How the Official Visitors can help people access their services
- Any suggestions for change or improvement.
Being will provide afternoon tea. There will be a reimbursement of $20 for people who attend (to be eligible you need to RSVP to the event).
This consultation is for anyone who has experiences of services in Mental Health Units, or on Community Treatment Orders. Being would particularly like to hear from people who have had previous contact with the Official Visitors Program. Any information you share will be kept anonymous, and your personal details will not be shared.
Your feedback is really important – It will help Being advise the Official Visitors on how they can best help people, and what needs to change or improve.
- For more information about the Official Visitors Program in NSW or to download a leaflet about the program in a community language visit: ovmh.nsw.gov.au
- You can contact Being'sPolicy Team about this project or on: (02) 9332 0200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not able to make this time, there is another consultation being held on Wednesday 13th December, from 6 - 8 pm.