Wynyard / St James / Museum Room
818-820 George Street (near Central Station)
Ultimo, NSW 2007
Please note this event is now oversubscribed. The session will be filmed for those who cannot make it.
Open Dialogue is an innovative, network-based approach to assisting people who experience severe psychiatric crises and conditions based on a successful model from Finland.
This special briefing features visiting international guests Dr Christopher Gordon, Senior Vice President, Clinical Services Medical Director and Brenda Miele Soares, Director of Psychiatric Rehabilitation from Advocates Hospital in Massachusetts, USA. Dr. Gordon has co-led the first adaptation of Open Dialogue in the United States at Advocates Hospital where they have operationalised it for ground-breaking outcomes.
Come along and learn about:
- Open Dialogue and results from the Advocates implementation
- How the Open Dialogue model was adapted to an urban hospital setting
- The Collaborative Pathway - a unique adaptation of Open Dialogue
- The Advocates philosophy on the biomedical-psycho-social-spiritual model and how this translates into partnerships
- How they have operationalised all of this.
This event is hosted by the Mental Health Commission of New South Wales.