488 George St
Sydney NSW 2000
Embracing Change Through Innovation and Lived Experience
TheMHS Conference is multidisciplinary and features presentations from all areas of the mental health sector and beyond. Now in its 27th year, TheMHS Conferences bring together people from across Australia and New Zealand to stimulate debates that challenge the boundaries of present knowledge and ideas about mental health care and mental health systems.
Mental Health services across Australia and New Zealand have undergone unprecedented change over the past 10 years. Over the next 10 years we anticipate even more. Adherence to the principles of recovery and recognition of lived experience as key to mental health reform are expanding the range of choices beyond traditional illness management. New models, new funding, new providers and the voices of people with a lived experience have informed us about change, innovation and different approaches to collectively improve our systems of mental health support. Embracing change through innovation and lived experience is a theme that enables new directions and conversations which are based on building on the extraordinary strengths we find in individuals, families, and communities.
Featured symposia at the conference provide in-depth investigation of topics of interest in the mental health sector. In 2017, topics will include:
- Trauma-Informed Care & Practice: Organisational Change and Implementation
- Working Towards Integrated and Coordinated Health and Social Care: National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and Mental Health Reform Opportunities
- Warm Human Contact / Sexual Intimacy
- Legislated Visitor Programs and Mental Health System Change
- Embracing Wellbeing: Workplace Mental Health
- Update, Development and Translation of the National Comorbidity Guidelines: Using Technology to Support Practice Change
Early Bird Registrations are available until 18 July 2017.