Mental Health Carers NSW, 80 William St, Woolloomooloo, Level 5, Sydney, NSW 2011
Register on Trybooking
Users Guide to the Mental Health Sector is a four-hour course that delivers an overview of the complex mental health sector from primary care through Medicare under General Practitioners, to involuntary hospital treatment under the supervision of Mental Health Review Tribunal.
The course provides a 'users guide' to publicly funded clinical mental health and related support services including:
- information around service delivery
- the rights of consumers and carers under the Mental Health Act 2007 (NSW) including;
- the recent changes concerning recognition of carers
- recovery-oriented practice,
- the functions of the Mental Health Review Tribunal,
- accessing services through the Emergency Department;
- complaints in mental health settings, as well as;
- disability support and related human services like housing and the NDIS.
The course materials include a detailed handbook with a wealth of detailed information and resources from the Ministry itself about current policies and procedures; an invaluable assistance to workers, consumers and carers.
It is intended that on the completion of the course, participants will have gained a rudimentary understanding of the many components that coexist to form NSW Health.
The course is suitable for consumers, carers, and those that are employed to support them.
For more information, visit the MHCN's website.
Other dates available:
- 23rd November 2018: More details