NACCHO invites all health practitioners and staff to the webinar: An all-Indigenous panel will explore youth suicide in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. The webinar is organised and produced by the Mental Health Professionals Network and will provide participants with the opportunity to identify:
- Key principles in the early identification of youth experiencing psychological distress.
- Appropriate referral pathways to prevent crises and provide early intervention.
- Challenges, tips and strategies to implement a collaborative response to supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth in crisis.
Join hundreds of doctors, nurses and mental health professionals around the nation for an interdisciplinary panel discussion. The panellists with a range of professional experience are:
- Dr Louis Peachey (Qld Rural Generalist)
- Dr Marshall Watson (SA Psychiatrist)
- Dr Jeff Nelson (Qld Psychologist)
- Facilitator: Dr Mary Emeleus (Qld GP and Psychotherapist)
Working collaboratively to support the social and emotional well-being of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth in crisis.
Date: Thursday 23rd February, 2017
Time: 7.15 – 8.30pm AEDT
No need to travel to benefit from this free PD opportunity. Simply register and log in anywhere you have a computer or tablet with high speed internet connection. CPD points awarded.
For further information, contact MHPN on 1800 209 031 or email email@example.com.