The Mental Health Commission of NSW has been asked by the The Hon. Tanya Davies, Minister for Mental Health to undertake a mid-term review of Living Well, the 10-year strategic plan for mental health reform in NSW. The review will consider the effort that has been made against Living Well over the first five years and confirm priorities for the remaining five years of the strategy.
To support the review, the Commission will conduct community consultations across NSW along with a range of targeted consultations and agency meetings in 2019.
The scheduled dates are as follows:
- 21-22 March 2019 - South Eastern NSW
- 28-29 March 2019 - Nepean Blue Mountains
- 10-11 April 2019 - Mid-North Coast
- 1-2 May 2019 - Northern Sydney
- 16-17 May 2019 - Hunter New England
- 30-31 May 2019 - Western NSW
- 13-14 June 2019 - Western Sydney
- 20-21 June 2019 - Murrumbidgee
- 26-27 June 2019 - South Western Sydney
- 4-5 July 2019 - Central and Eastern Sydney
The Commission's consultations will include people with a lived experience of mental health issues and caring, families and kinship groups, community members and representatives from primary health networks, local health districts, community-managed organisations, peak bodies and other service providers.
Local initiatives will be showcased on this Commission website and a report will be delivered to Government in November 2019.
To find out more you can:
- Watch this space for further updates and case studies.
- Register online to get updates on the review project and consultations via email.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to the project update list.
The information collected on this form will only be used for the purpose for which it was provided to the Mental Health Commission of NSW. The Commission will not disclose this information to any third party without your permission.
You can also subscribe to our monthly newsletter for updates on the Commission's work and other sector news.