There are 31 subject-specific meetings (‘matches’) associated with the International Initiative for Mental Health Leadership Exchange being held in Sydney. This is one of them.
Karitane is hosting this match at Carramar, South West Sydney. 27 delegates, many of whom are pioneers of perinatal mental health in Australia will be led in their discussion by Staff Specialist - Perinatal /Infant, Child & Family Psychiatrist, Dr Sarah Mares.
- Managing families with high and complex needs including chid risk and serious parental mental illness
- Multidisciplinary collaboration across service sectors (child and family health, adult and child mental health, children of parents with mental illness, paediatrics, child protection, obstetrics)
- Holding infant and parent in mind while supporting development and recovery;
- Parenting with child abuse trauma and/or mental illness;
- Family and relational approaches to intervention;
- Culturally responsive service development;
- Research and outcome evaluation.
The match will be opened by the Honourable Tanya Davies MP, Minister for Mental Health, Minister for Women and Minister for Ageing. The Member for Holsworthy, Melanie Gibbons will also attend. The program includes a tour of Karitane, including the Jade House Perinatal Infant Mental Health Service and the Toddler Clinic. Participants will be encouraged to share initiatives, reflections and insights from their own work and it is hoped that the exchange will create opportunities to collaborate in the future on key challenges.